- 'On the Ó Cléirigh Recension of Leabhar Gabhála' by Pádraig A. Breatnach,
- 'Approbationes' by P.A.B.,
- 'The Áiliu Poems in Bretha Nemed Dédenach' by Johan Corthals,
- 'A Poem on the Mutilation of Brian Óg Ó Néill (d. 1449)' by Gordon Ó Riain,
- 'Scríobhaí "Leabhar Mhuintir Laidhe" agus "Rosa Anglica"' by Tomás Ó Con Cheanainn,
- 'Sloinne agus Áitainm i gConamara' by Tomás Ó Con Cheanainn,
- 'Cloich, Cruaich and Similar Forms in the Munster Dialect' by Diarmuid Ó Sé,
- 'Further to the Drink of Death' by Sharon Arbuthnot,
- 'Caoineadh Shéamais Óig Mhic Coitir (1720)' by Pádraig A. Breatnach.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
The latest issue of Éigse (vol. 37, 2010) has just been mailed to subscribers. In addition to the usual book reviews, the volume contains nine articles in Irish and English:
Monday, January 24, 2011
An Comunn Gàidhealach, Ameireaganach is accepting applications for its $2000 (USD) University Scholarship. The scholarship is open to full-time American or Canadian university students who are studying Scottish Gaelic, although preference will be given to those enrolled in a Gaelic-medium program. Details on the application process, which must be completed by 1 March 2011, are available on An Comunn Gàidhealach, Ameireaganach website.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
A preliminary schedule and list of abstracts for the Celts in the Americas Conference, which will be held 29 June - 2 July 2011 at Saint Francis Xavier University, has just been posted on the conference website. Registration information will be posted in March.
The call for papers has just gone out for the 33rd Annual University of California Celtic Conference, which will be held 1-2 April 2011 on the Berkeley campus. Papers on any aspect of Celtic Studies are welcome. Abstracts of no more than 250 words are due to conference organizers by no later than 20 January 2011.
The recently revamped CSANA website, which launched just before the holidays, has a new address at http://irishlanguage.nd.edu/programs/csana/homepage.htm. Comments and questions about the new site should be addressed to Mattieu Boyd, the website coordinator.
ROSG, an Irish film and television production company, announced the dvd release of Cré na Cille, a film adaptation of Máirtín Ó Cadhain’s famous novel. The film is directed by Robert Quinn and produced by Ciaran Ó Cofaigh. To view trailers and to get more information about the dvd release, visit the ROSG website.