The call for papers has just been announced for the XII International Symposium of Societas Celtologica Nordica, which will be held 11-13 June 2012 in Helsinki. Papers of 20 minutes in length are invited on any aspect of Celtic Studies. Abstracts of 200 words or less as well as proposals for sessions are due to conference oganizers by 29 February 2012.
Keynote speakers include Dr. Máire Ní Mhaonaigh, Prof. Tom O'Loughlin, Prof. Peter Schrijver, and Dr. Jane Webster.
For more information on the symposium, visit the SCN website.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Clubleabhar.com is an 'online book club [that] aims to encourage people in Ireland and abroad to read Irish language books'. Registration for groups and individuals is free and can be completed on the Clubleabhar website. The selections for 2012 are as follows:
- January: Scéal Ghearóid Iarlaby Máire Mhac an tSaoi
- February: Filíocht Ghrá na Gaeilge edited by Ciarán Mac Murchaidh
- March: Filleann Seoirse by Éilís Ní Anluain
- April: I gCóngar i gCéin by Pádraig Standún
- May: Beirt Bhan Mhisniúla by Pádraig Ó Siadhail
- June: Ólann mo Mhiúil as an nGainséis by Gabriel Rosenstock